Quick & Easy Buttermilk Cake Doughnuts.
1. Gather your ingredients & line a half-sheet with a paper towel. Heat oil in dutch oven, cast iron pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients
3. Add in egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, buttermilk & milk.
4. Mix until incorporated.
5. Once the oil reaches 350 degrees, use a scooper and drop in the doughnut holes. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan.
6. Cook on each side for approximately 2-3 minutes. Make sure the doughnuts reach a deep golden brown.
7. Transfer to the half sheet & wait until cool enough to handle & coat with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Adapted from The Chunky Chef