I love this Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe so much. if you can hold off on eating them all the first day, they are just as fantastic on day 2. These cookies are rich, satisfying & the cure for even the sweetest sweet tooth!
A Childhood Favorite
Growing up, I binge ate so may Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. You know the ones! The cocoa cookie with the white chocolate chips. Honestly, I didn’t even try any other flavor because these were by far the best!
Ever since I’ve been on the hunt for a delicious & satisfying chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips. While I’ve tried many recipes, the black cocoa makes all the difference. For this recipe, I use Book Club Cookbook’s Cocoa-Mo Black Onyx Cocoa Powder from their Song Blends collection. I highly recommend this cocoa powder. It gives these Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookies an extra richness & depth that regular Dutch-process cocoa doesn’t quite hit.
Tips for Making Them Beautiful
Now, I’m all about the flavor of these Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Look how dark & rich that Cocoa dough is! When I showed these cookies to Jessica, she thought I added coconut. I’ll admit, scooping chilled dough may not create the prettiest cookie around. But I was tired when I made the dough and decided to bake them the next day! Lesson learned. No matter what, the flavor is incredible. You can always save a handful of your chocolate chips to make the tops prettier.
If you really want to go over the top, add chocolate chips! Now, that will be a chocoholic’s dream come true! All this talk about chocolate has me wanting to make a Texas Sheet cake!
I hope you love these Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookies as much as we do! As always, half sheets & cookie scoops make the job so much easier & you can read more about my baking favorites here.
Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a tasty & rich white chocolate chip cookie recipe featuring Black Cocoa.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspooon salt
- ⅓ cup Black Cocoa can substitute with Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 oz white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & line half sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt & cocoa powder.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle, beat the butter & sugar until light & fluffy (about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs & vanilla. Beat for another 1-2 minutes until combined. Be sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add in the flour/cocoa mixture & beat on low speed until mixed.
Mix in white chocolate chips. Save a ¼ cup if you want to make them extra pretty. You can top the cookies with them right before they go into the oven.
- Using a large scoop, place cookies on half sheet about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 deg for 10 - 13 minutes. Cool on pan for at least 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.