Candied Pecans Recipe
Until recently, I did not like pecans. Being from the South, you can see how that is a problem. Pecans are a currency in the Southern US. Well, after trying candied pecans on a salad recently, I’m a true convert.
Reasons You Will Love This Candied Pecans Recipe
First, this recipe is so simple. Honestly, two bowls, a few ingredients & 45 minutes in the oven. Boom- you’ve got a sweet treat that does some good for you too. Pecans are nutritious & covered in sugar & spices, they are quite nice!
Secondly, these pecans are an all-around great snack. Plenty of evenings, I’ve gotten a hankering for something sweet & a small handful of these does the trick. They are a huge part of our Harvest Moon Salad! recipe to come next week!
Finally, you’re sure to love the Book Blends Of Spice & Men Indonesian Korintje Cinnamon as much as I do. It’s got a great flavor but isn’t too overpowering. Book Blends is a part of the Book Club Cookbook which provides inspiration for book clubs around the world.
Lastly, this will make a great holiday gift. They pack & ship well & last a month. Surely, your recipient will fall in love with them too. Yes, they are surely great around the holidays, but these candied pecans are perfect year-round.
A Few Tips on the Candied Pecans Recipe
I highly recommend Silpat. I’ve used parchment paper, but the weight of the Silpat makes it easier to flip and toss the nuts throughout the cooking process. It helps with the sugar coating too. If you’re vegan, you can use a flax egg & it works fine. Feel free to have fun with spices. Change it up! This recipe is highly influenced by the fabulous Two Peas & Their Pod. I changed it their recipe up a few different times & this is my favorite variation.
I hope you love this recipe! Enjoy it with a Gingerbread Latte, Hot Apple Cider with Rum or a Snow bunny Cocktail.
Really Into This a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Candied Pecans Recipe
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces about 4 cups unsalted pecans halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy. Add the pecans and gently toss until the pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
This recipe is slightly adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Yumba-Yumba!!! You got my mouth watering, Sarah T.! Craig has shelled about 3 or 4 gallon bags of pecans this season, so we have LOTS!!! 💙 U