Really Into Coffee
To say that we are Really Into coffee in this house is an understatement. Occasionally we will go to a coffee shop for a latte or other specialty drink, but mostly we are brewing at home. We, like many others, start off every morning with a hot cup. I take one cup with me to work, but Mark tends to have a couple few cups to get his day started. He also likes the process of brewing a fresh pot. Picking out nice beans and grinding them at home is essential to our routine. Mark has a certain way he measures, packs the coffee grounds into the filter, how much water. Who can keep up?! I do appreciate the results, especially since I don’t have to do any work for my caffeine (though if I make coffee it’s quite a bit stronger – I like to put hair on your chest!).
Introducing the Bonavita 8 Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer
For years we used the same old coffee maker. My mom came for a visit over the summer and sneaked downstairs one morning to start making coffee. Mark heard her and FLEW to the kitchen. Apparently he is the only one capable of brewing a proper pot. My mom and I have laughed about this moment, and lo and behold when Mark’s birthday came around this November, she bought him a brand new fancy coffee pot. The Bonavita 8 Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer. We are Really Into it.
Bonavita 8 Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer Review
As much as we love coffee and appreciate a good cup, I think this machine was at first a little sophisticated for us. The concept of soaking the coffee grounds before we brewed to get a more concentrated flavor was completely foreign to us. Showering instead of dripping the water was not something we had ever considered. But we were excited and ready to learn everything about this new brewer.
- This coffee maker brews coffee FAST. The whole pot is completely brewed in six minutes.
- The coffee comes out very, very hot. Like, I may need to have a disclaimer on our coffee cups if company is over.
- The Bonavita is compact and takes up very little room on our counter.
- This is one good looking coffee pot.
- The pouring spout is perfect. No spills or drips.
- I love that the coffee is brewed in a carafe instead of a traditional pot.
- It is auto off and doesn’t have the burner keeping the coffee warm.
- The shower drip system never gets grounds in the coffee.
- All of the pieces are dishwasher safe.
- It is a super easy pot to use.
- The Bonavita makes a delicious cup of coffee.
- The thermos doesn’t keep the coffee hot for as long as I think it should.
- It is only an 8 cup. On most days, that is enough, but add one more person to the mix and we are brewing multiple pots of coffee.
- There is really no good spot for the filter basket after you have brewed your coffee.
- There is no spot for the lid to the carafe when you are brewing your coffee – or when the machine is put away.
The Verdict – Bonavita 8 Cup Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer Review
I am Really Into This coffee pot. Yes, there are a couple of things I feel could be improved, but overall this a great brewer. It is consistent, easy to use, and most importantly makes great coffee. This is the perfect machine for anyone who is looking to take their coffee game to the next level, and it makes a great gift. I feel like we have learned more about the brewing process and are gaining an appreciation for the nuances of coffee making. Which means we have totally become the annoying coffee snob people. And I am okay with it. We start every day with a cup of coffee, so it is worth it to take the time and effort to make it right.