Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
Even though we are on a heavy Vegetarian kick, my kids are still Really Into Chicken. There are only so make ways I can cook boneless skinless chicken breasts before I get burnt out. I am always looking for new & EASY recipes to try with ingredients I know will satisfy my picky eaters. This Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe is a fan favorite around here.
Over Christmas, my friend Cara served us this delicious Lemon Chicken. Both my kids can be pretty picky, especially my son. Cara hit the table with a pan of chicken loaded with lemon sauce, rice & haricot verts. I thought, no way are my kids going to try this. Well, I was wrong & they scarfed the chicken down in an instant. Easily, the best part of this recipe is the lemon sauce.
An Easy Weeknight Staple
Around here, weekends are for trying new, elaborate recipes to see if they are simple enough for our weeknight staples. Luckily, this Lemon Chicken Recipe calls for olive oil, white wine, garlic, lemon & a few spices, so it’s easy to whip up any night. Feel free to change out the spices to your liking. We hardly ever have the same spice mixture, mainly because I’m too lazy to go to the store.
The Best Part of this Recipe – The Sauce
Y’all, this sauce is SO good! We love the lemon & we almost always throw in some extra lemon juice. If there is any sauce left over after dinner, we save it in the fridge as a topping for rice. My daughter loves the lemon garlic rice for an afterschool snack.
We are Really Into This Lemon Chicken recipe. Finding food that satisfies the entire family is no easy feat, but this is a Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. Oh, I’m sorry for that, but it is a winner! If you have any favorite chicken recipes, please leave them in the comments. I want to hear all about them!
Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
Adapted from Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic 9 cloves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don't allow the garlic to turn brown. Turn off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, spices and 1 teaspoon salt. Combine & let the sauce rest in the pan.
- Slice the lemon into thin pieces. Pat the chicken breasts dry & place them in a 9 by 12-inch baking dish. Place the lemon peel underneath the chicken breasts & apply a thin layer of olive oil on the breasts. Pour the sauce directly into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done & reaches at least 165 degrees. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.