S’mores Cookie Recipe
This S’mores Cookie Recipe is rich, full of dark cocoa & topped with a toasted marshmallow & graham cracker crumbs. This is sure to satisfy any chocolate craving!
Every single year, our family looks forward to going camping. We usually camp in the Redwood Forest in Northern California. One of my favorite parts of camping is attending Ranger Talks in the evening. After these talks we always head back to our space, get a fire going & enjoy s’mores late into the night. I love trying different types of chocolates & different types of marshmallows. Since we are not camping this year, I had to bring the s’mores into the kitchen!
Love This Black Onyx Cocoa Powder from Book Club Cookbook
First, I am so grateful to the Book Club Cookbook for letting me be part of their Blends Bash. I’ve used a lot of different spices & blends over the years. Truly, their products are incredible. I’ve featured their cocoa powder in my Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe here.
A Few Baking Tips
This s’mores cookie recipe is fairly easy to follow. While I’ve made cookies with toasting mini marshmallows on top, if you can get the larger mallows, it is much easier! For one, they are less likely to roll off the cookie. Also, its larger so it takes a bit longer to toast. The larger marshmallows make for a super velvety mallow topping!
I LOVE Graham crackers so I roll the dough ball in the graham crackers before baking. Don’t be afraid to use a little force to make sure the graham cracker will adhere to the dough. Honestly, if you want more graham crackers, you can even mix it into the dough. When you pull out the pan to place the marshmallow, throw some more graham crackers on the top! You can’t go wrong.
When baking, I use my larger Oxo scoop to help make sure the cookie bake evenly. I always use my Nordic Ware half sheet pans & you can read more about my baking essentials here. Truly, I hope you enjoy this S’mores cookie recipe! Now, please tell me, how do you like your s’mores?
S'mores Cookie Recipe
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspooon salt
- ⅓ cup Black Cocoa can substitute with Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Bag of Large Marshmallows
- Box of Graham Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & line half sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt & cocoa powder.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle, beat the butter & sugar until light & fluffy (about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs & vanilla. Beat for another 1-2 minutes until combined. Be sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add in the flour/cocoa mixture & beat on low speed until mixed.
- Crumble an entire package of Graham Crackers. I use a food processor but you can use your hands, a rolling pin & plastic bag or whatever works.
- Using a large scoop, place cookies on half sheet about 2-3 inches apart. If you love extra graham crackers, you can roll the cookies into the graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 deg for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Place a large marshmallow on the center of each cookie & place back in the over for approximately 2-3 minutes. I also sprinkle a little of the graham crackers on the cookies at this time too.
- Cool on pan for at least 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.