Chai Sugar Cookies
These Chai Sugar Cookies are tasty, chewy, simple & a great year-round staple.
Almost every night, we have “tea time”. We start the kettle & I have a green tea/lemonade mix with honey & Derek has some other tea that is caffeine & sugar-free. That’s how we roll. As we get into wintertime, I want a little snack to go with tea time & these Chai Sugar Cookies are where it’s at!
Chai a Little Tenderness
I love being a part of the Book Club Cookbook Blends Bash. I’ve used a lot of different spices & blends over the years. Truly, their products are so good & make great gifts! I’ve featured their cocoa powder in my Black Cocoa White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe here & my S’mores Cookie recipe here.
Now, if you didn’t immediately think of Duckie from Pretty in Pink when you see the name, Chai a Little Tenderness, I’m not sure we can be friends. Of course, I’m talking about the iconic scene where Jon Cryer (Duckie) serenades Andie (Mollie Ringwald) in the Trax record store. LOVE THAT SCENE & love that song. I can also talk about my love for Steff (James Spader) but I’ll spare you!
Ugh, he’s so awful & so wonderful at the same time. I digress. Okay, back to the Chai Spice Baking Blend! This baking blend includes cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, black pepper, mint & rose petals. Truth be told, I wasn’t sold on it because I am not a huge fan of cardamom. But, this blend has a great flavor that is really interesting. As soon as you taste it, you want more!
This is a pretty simple recipe. I did make one pan without rolling them in the sugar-spice blend & they are just fine! But the consensus at my house is that the more spice, the better! So, I say to roll them!
Also, if you’re new here, just know that I am a HUGE fan of cookie scoops. You can find my faves here. The scoop creates a uniform bake & is so easy!
I am Really Into These Chai Sugar Cookies! They are a great addition to tea time & would go great with a Hot Toddy or a Gingerbread Latte!
Chai Sugar Cookies
A tasty & chewy sugar cookie with a nice hint of chai.
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons of chai/chai spice blend
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- 2 tsp chai/chai spice blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking pans with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar for about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add egg and vanilla; beat 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spice blend, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, beating on low speed until just starting to come together.
- Scoop or spoon your batter & roll into the cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until baked.
- Cool on the pan for a few minutes (no more than 5) & transfer to a cooling rack.
Sarah, I had no idea your were so diverse!!! Just ask a busy Nurse/Mother/Daughter/Wife, etc. to do something and she will!! Love and Miss you All!!!