Thank you Putnam Books for my gifted review copy of Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan. This post may contain links to purchase books & you can read our affiliate disclosure here.
Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan is the perfect summer read! It’s a wonderful love story between a divorced screenwriter and a celebrity set in an idyllic small town.
Nora’s life is about to get a rewrite…
Nora Hamilton knows the formula for love better than anyone. As a romance channel screenwriter, it’s her job. But when her too-good-to work husband leaves her and their two kids, Nora turns her marriage’s collapse into cash and writes the best script of her life. No one is more surprised than her when it’s picked up for the big screen and set to film on location at her 100-year-old-home. When former Sexiest Man Alive, Leo Vance, is cast as her ne’er do well husband Nora’s life will never be the same.
The morning after shooting wraps and the crew leaves, Nora finds Leo on her porch with a half-empty bottle of tequila and a proposition. He’ll pay a thousand dollars a day to stay for a week. The extra seven grand would give Nora breathing room, but it’s the need in his eyes that makes her say yes. Seven days: it’s the blink of an eye or an eternity depending on how you look at it. Enough time to fall in love. Enough time to break your heart.
Filled with warmth, wit, and wisdom, Nora Goes Off Script is the best kind of love story—the real kind where love is complicated by work, kids, and the emotional baggage that comes with life. For Nora and Leo, this kind of love is bigger than the big screen.
There’s so much to love about Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan that I made a list.
1. This book is the perfect length. Not to short, no too long. Honestly, every word is meaningful and it’s not filled with unnecessary details. We get right to the heart of the matter.
2. Leo is a man of few words and I live for him. That is all. he lets his actions speak or him.
3. Nora and I would be BFFs. She’s tough, disciplined, focused on what she needs todo for herself and her children after her useless husbands up and leaves them. She’s the type of person who gets stuff done.
4. The kids are cute. I know some people have mixed emotions on children in romances but Nora’s kids add something to the story. The stakes are higher for Nora and her family because of what they’ve been through. Leo is aware of that from day one.
5. This story is crisp and fresh. I couldn’t put it down and would reread it again in a heartbeat.
I am Really Into This book. It’s the perfect summer read and fans of Robyn Carr, Jill Shalvis & Abby Jimenez would love it!
Buy your copy of Nora Goes Off Script by Annabel Monaghan
Let’s connect with books! I have all of my reviews on Goodreads!
My debut adult novel, Nora Goes Off Script, is coming out on June 7, 2022 from G.P. Putnam’s Sons. Writing it was probably the most fun I’ve ever had. Pre-Nora, I wrote fiction for young adults and a column for not-so-young adults. Since you’ve gotten this far into my website, you probably knew that already.
I grew up in Los Angeles, and nearly every one of my relatives still lives in Southern California. I attended Duke University where I studied English. I have an MBA from The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania and a brief history as an investment banker. I also used to teach novel writing at the The Writing Institute at Sarah Lawrence College. I now live in the suburbs of New York City with my husband, three sons, and a little dog who sheds.