Best Baking Shows on Netflix
- Obviously this is our #1 Pick for the Best Baking Shows on Netflix. We’ve been obsessed since DAY ONE!
- Family-friendly & everyone in the family loves it. We have watched each season so many times that we have quotes from contestants we say around the house all the time.
- Jacques Torres & Nicole Byer have great chemistry. These two are just phenomenal and have such a blast together.
- Home bakers can actually learn from the contestant’s mistakes. Not too long ago, we made cake pops & I swear my daughter quoted Jacque’s tips verbatim.
- Nailed It! is so fun, colorful & hilarious & perfect to binge. Also, the guest judges are such a blast.
Great British Baking Show
- God, we love this show! I swear, it’s like fresh rain. If I’m having a crazy day, I put this on & it turns my mood.
- Mary Berry with her soggy bottoms & Paul Hollywood with his handshakes is just the best team. Add in Mel & Sue & this cast is just unbeatable.
- While we meet Prue, Sandi & Noel, later on, Mary & Paul are my ultimate baking duo. If you’re really wanting to up you bakes, check out The Great British Baking Show: Masterclass. It’s just the two of them baking, eating and chatting. I seriously take notes when I watch it.
- Watching these shows is so therapeutic & informative to me. These British bakes are so different than our American bakes & I love it.
- I’m so glad Netflix continues to add “new to us” seasons. We just watched The Great British Baking Show: The Beginnings this weekend. This is an older season with Mary, Paul, Mel & Sue that I’ve been waiting on.
Bonus: The Great British Baking Show: Holidays is so good. Former contestants come back to put their holiday bakes on display!
Sugar Rush: Christmas
- Initially, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Sugar Rush. I thought the host was annoying & I didn’t like the competition format. It felt like a rip-off of Food Network’s Cupcake Wars.
- Yet, when we binge-watched Sugar Rush: Christmas, I fell in LOVE! This definitely is one of the Best Netflix Baking Shows!
- Maybe I was in the holiday spirit, but I now find Hunter adorable.
- Where most shows have a set cast that works through the season with one champion, Sugar Rush has a different set of bakers each episode.
- Bakers need to manage their time well. Teams are eliminated after each round is completed. This means you could be almost finished with round 2 & then you’re eliminated. It’s stressful & you really see how that time component & stress changes people’s baking decisions.
Bonus: Adriano Zumbo is on Sugar Rush: Christmas – total crossover!
Zumbo’s Just Desserts
- Are you ready for some wild & zany desserts? Then Zumbo’s Just Desserts is your thing!
- This show is touted as the Willy Wonka of shows & honestly, it’s a pretty good descriptor. You look at some of these desserts & wonder how in the world are the bakers going to pull it off.
- Zumbo’s Just Desserts is not for your average baker. This is like The Great British Baking Show’s Showstopper Challenge on steroids. FOR REAL. Some of these desserts are so wild, it borders on ridiculous.
- For me, the contestants really make this show. Adriano is kind of presented as this iconic unapproachable figure & this show is definitely more about competition rather than fostering the baker’s abilities.
Bonus: Rachel Khoo’s fashion is to die for.
The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell
- Okay, forewarning that this show is super weird. Like, it’s a show that drives my mom nuts because it makes no sense, but I freaking love it.
- Christine is an amazingly talented baker. She’s like in a haunted house with all these puppets (hello, Henson productions) & baking these elaborate & wild things.
- The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell is macabre, different, innovative, stylish & a total trip.
- Even though The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell only ran one season, but you can catch up with her on YouTube.
Bonus: Dita Von Teese makes a few appearances
The Big Family Cooking Showdown
- While this is technically on my Best Netflix Baking Shows list, The Big Family Cooking Showdown is really more of an honorable mention.
- Yes, it is a baking show! We see families compete and bake, but there are definitely limited sweets.
- This is a fun & cute show about families cooking & baking together.
Bonus: Nadiya from The Great British Baking Show is on Season One & I just love her.